Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sonoma County Barrel Tasting 2015

Epilogue
You know, sometimes things happen and you're so deep in the moment that you don't even realize it.  I started out lamenting the lack of enthusiasm I had for this event. I whined (no pun intended) about how I couldn't get fired-up about the tasting, about the traveling, about anything, really.  Looking back, though, the evidence belies the sentiment.  I'm a numbers guy (my friend says "just zeroes and ones"), so let's look at the numbers.


  • I counted 136 bottles on the table, when I unpacked. 
  • I spent over $4K in cash for all of the wine purchases (future or otherwise)
  • I bought 172 bottles from eight different wineries.
  • Looking ahead, I have 7 cases (84 bottles) that I'll have to pickup next year.



I think most people would call that a pretty good year.  I'm sure the winemakers are pretty happy with me, anyway! :-)


No comments: